It’s finally here! You don’t even know how excited I am to be sharing pieces of my apartment with you. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out! Like every person that is obsessed with decorating, I can’t say that it will stay like this forever or that it’s complete, but I can say that it’s comfy, homey, fabulous and so very me. Not only will I be sharing my apartment, but I also will be sharing some tips for decorating your first apartment on a budget.
If money was unlimited and I could get anything I wanted, I would head straight to Restoration Hardware (can anyone say expensive taste?) and buy the whole showroom as is LOL. But money was not unlimited and I was working with a just gradated from college budget. It’s okay, don’t panic if that’s you too! You don’t need to have all the money in the world to make your apartment look good and I’m glad I get to share with you some of the tips and tricks I learned a long the way.
Don’t judge by the title. I promise it’s not going to be all negative. It’s just an open an honest conversation, from me to you, on being single. I’m actually thankful for my singleness (It took a lot of prayers and a lot of revelations to get to this moment lol), but there are some sucky moments if I’m being real. This is just the disclaimer, so let’s start this off right!
It’s been a long time. For so long, I had no idea what I was going to write in this post but I knew it needed to be done. To be honest, I still don’t know what I’m gonna write but hopefully as I start typing it will flow lol. Let’s see, where did we leave off? I was in my last semester of college (which was kicking my butt). I was worried about finding a job, what I wanted to do, where I was gonna live, etc. etc. You know, the normal worries for someone who was about to graduate. The big question was do I move back home or stay in Orlando? I felt like I needed to stay in Orlando, but I didn’t know if I was going to find a job to be able to afford to live as an entry level employee. I felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. It was tough. Especially being the planner that I am, it’s hard not knowing what your next steps are.
So a couple of weeks ago, I turned 22. You know that one age that no one really acknowledged until Taylor Swift made a song about it? Surprisingly, I did not have Taylor Swift blaring through the apartment, but I must say I am feeling 22. This year is a huge year for me. I graduate from college and end that season of my life. I have to put my degree to work and find a big girl job. This year, adulting happens in full effect. So many changes are about to happen and take place in my life. I honestly don’t know if I’m ready for it, but it doesn’t matter because it’s happening lol.
Through my many life experiences at 22, I have learned some things. You know that saying, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?” I used to think it was a bunch of bologna, but it honestly is true. Over the past couple of years I have had amazing memories, but also some horrible ones. But in every moment, good and bad, I have learned a lesson. Here are a few things I’ve learned over the years:
Hello Everyone! I am very excited to say that I am going to California!!!!! This is my last official summer break, since I am about to embark on my last year of college. They say that the time passes by fast, but I didn’t think it was going to pass by that fast! Anyway, this summer I was able to travel to Las Vegas at the beginning and California to end off my summer. I’m going with family for a little vacation, and I hope to be able to post a recap of my vacation. BTW sorry there was no recap of Vegas. My aunt was the main one with me and she did not know how to work my camera for the life of her lol. But I do have a couple of pictures that I took of the strip, so let me know if you guys would want me to post that. Since I am traveling, I thought it would be a good chance to share with you guys what I put in my carry-on.
When traveling, I like to reach for the biggest bags I have. For this trip, I am going to be using this brown tote that I got from Forever 21 (similar here in a different color).
1. My Wallet – obviously a necessity! This one if from Forever 21. (similar here)
2. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant – Well that is a longgggg name! I got this in my ipsy glam bag awhile a go and I had no idea what to really use it for. Until one day, I saw a youtuber talking about it and she used it as lip balm. It’s just one of those multi purpose things that you can use pretty much anywhere, but I mainly use it as lip balm
3. L’Occitane Hand Cream – Pretty self explanatory. A pet peeve of mine is dry hands and just ashiness in general, so I always like to keep some sort of lotion on deck.
4. My Journal – I love writing in my journal. It’s one of my favorite things to do. With long trips comes a lot of time to just sit and think about things, so my journal comes in handy. I usually get all of my journals from TJ Maxx because they have really cute ones that are really affordable.
5. My Passport – I’m traveling in the US so I don’t need it, but I always carry it just in case.
6. My Cardholder – My wallet usually has majority of my cards, but I sometimes like carrying around my cardholder with just the necessities (My ID, Debit Card, and Credit Card). Sometimes lugging around that huge bag gets annoying. I may leave my bag with whoever I am traveling with and just bring my cardholder when going to get something to eat. This one if from Forever 21. (similar here but a different color)
7. A Book – I am going to pretty much spend a whole day of traveling because we have a layover and then the time difference between Florida and Cali. I think our flight leaves at almost 2 and then we land in ATL for like 3 hours and then fly to Cali. We don’t get there until 9 at night Cali time, which is midnight in Florida. I can’t journal for the whole time, so I have the book that I am currently reading, Greater by Steven Furtick. Hands down he is my favorite pastor to listen to right now.
8. Sudafed – I have major problems with my ears when I am flying, so sudafed is my life saver.
9. Kleenex – Another necessity
10. Sunglasses – No Brainer, these are from Forever 21. Surprise, Surprise.
11. Gum – Gum is a necessity, but it also helps me with my ears and the change of air pressure. My current favorite is the sweet mint by orbit.
12. My watch – To tell the time or just for style? lol
13. Perfume – After a long day of flying, I like to refresh throughout the day. I usually wear Daisy by Marc Jacobs, but I have been loving Princess by Vera Wang lately.
14. Pen – For my journal and anything I may need it for. I like the really basic pens, nothing special.
*** Headphones are another necessity. Good for canceling out noisy babies or annoying passengers. It’s not pictured in the layout picture, but the picture before.