Shirt – Thrifted | Belt – Ralph Lauren (similar here) | Jeans – Hollister & Co. (same fit – different wash here) | Shoes – Ross (similar here)
Hey Guys! Today I have a quick Throwback Thursday post about a trend that I absolutely adore. The “boyfriend” trend has been around for a little while now. From boyfriend cardigans and blazers, to boyfriend shorts and jeans. Somehow clothing companies have managed to include every girl in the activity of “borrowing” their boyfriends clothes without having boyfriends! Incredible! Am I right?!? Boyfriends, who needs them when a girl can have boyfriend jeans? Well technically, these items look a little cuter than if we were actually wearing our boyfriends clothes, but it is still a great idea. Today in particular, I talk about boyfriend jeans.
Usually, I’m a tight jeans kind of girl. I love jeggings and those practically stick to you! So, I was a little surprised that I actually liked the boyfriend jean trend. I must say that you have to find ones that work for you. I’ve heard of many people saying they tried on a pair and they didn’t like it, but when they went to another store, they fell in love with one that fits them better. There’s also different extremes to them. Some are super baggy and others have are more fitted. You really have to figure out which one you want and what looks best on you.
I love how they can be dressed down with some converse or you can throw on a pair of heels and completely add some pizzazz as my friend Tai would say. These jeans are so versatile and are a great piece to add to any wardrobe. This particular pair is from Hollister. I feel like I shouldn’t even list where my clothes are from because 9 out of 10 times it’s either from Hollister, Abercrombie, or Forever 21. I swear in almost every outfit I wear at least one of those brands.
To go with the jeans, I decided to pair it with this loose-fitting, chiffon top that I thrifted from Goodwill. Typically, if I have something baggy on the bottom, I like to pair it with something tight on top but somehow this worked. I also really like to pair darker tops when my bottoms are light for contrast. The shoes, are a somewhat recent find from Ross. I’ve been obsessed with strappy-shoes lately. My pinterest board has been overloaded lol. Finishing off the look together is my main squeeze, Michael.
Hello Everyone! I am very excited to say that I am going to California!!!!! This is my last official summer break, since I am about to embark on my last year of college. They say that the time passes by fast, but I didn’t think it was going to pass by that fast! Anyway, this summer I was able to travel to Las Vegas at the beginning and California to end off my summer. I’m going with family for a little vacation, and I hope to be able to post a recap of my vacation. BTW sorry there was no recap of Vegas. My aunt was the main one with me and she did not know how to work my camera for the life of her lol. But I do have a couple of pictures that I took of the strip, so let me know if you guys would want me to post that. Since I am traveling, I thought it would be a good chance to share with you guys what I put in my carry-on.
When traveling, I like to reach for the biggest bags I have. For this trip, I am going to be using this brown tote that I got from Forever 21 (similar here in a different color).
1. My Wallet – obviously a necessity! This one if from Forever 21. (similar here)
2. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant – Well that is a longgggg name! I got this in my ipsy glam bag awhile a go and I had no idea what to really use it for. Until one day, I saw a youtuber talking about it and she used it as lip balm. It’s just one of those multi purpose things that you can use pretty much anywhere, but I mainly use it as lip balm
3. L’Occitane Hand Cream – Pretty self explanatory. A pet peeve of mine is dry hands and just ashiness in general, so I always like to keep some sort of lotion on deck.
4. My Journal – I love writing in my journal. It’s one of my favorite things to do. With long trips comes a lot of time to just sit and think about things, so my journal comes in handy. I usually get all of my journals from TJ Maxx because they have really cute ones that are really affordable.
5. My Passport – I’m traveling in the US so I don’t need it, but I always carry it just in case.
6. My Cardholder – My wallet usually has majority of my cards, but I sometimes like carrying around my cardholder with just the necessities (My ID, Debit Card, and Credit Card). Sometimes lugging around that huge bag gets annoying. I may leave my bag with whoever I am traveling with and just bring my cardholder when going to get something to eat. This one if from Forever 21. (similar here but a different color)
7. A Book – I am going to pretty much spend a whole day of traveling because we have a layover and then the time difference between Florida and Cali. I think our flight leaves at almost 2 and then we land in ATL for like 3 hours and then fly to Cali. We don’t get there until 9 at night Cali time, which is midnight in Florida. I can’t journal for the whole time, so I have the book that I am currently reading, Greater by Steven Furtick. Hands down he is my favorite pastor to listen to right now.
8. Sudafed – I have major problems with my ears when I am flying, so sudafed is my life saver.
9. Kleenex – Another necessity
10. Sunglasses – No Brainer, these are from Forever 21. Surprise, Surprise.
11. Gum – Gum is a necessity, but it also helps me with my ears and the change of air pressure. My current favorite is the sweet mint by orbit.
12. My watch – To tell the time or just for style? lol
13. Perfume – After a long day of flying, I like to refresh throughout the day. I usually wear Daisy by Marc Jacobs, but I have been loving Princess by Vera Wang lately.
14. Pen – For my journal and anything I may need it for. I like the really basic pens, nothing special.
*** Headphones are another necessity. Good for canceling out noisy babies or annoying passengers. It’s not pictured in the layout picture, but the picture before.
T-shirt dress – H&M | Wedges – Charlotte Russe | Bag – Michael Kors
T-shirt dresses. God’s great invention for those girls who don’t like to wear pants and only wear t-shirts around the house. It is now acceptable to wear t-shirts out of the house with no pants. So obviously, I was all over the trend. In a couple of posts a go, I talked about going through phases of wear I am obsessed with a certain print or style. Well, I would like to cordially invite you to my t-shirt dress phase lol. It is a very popular trend, so you can find them anywhere now. Some of my favorite ones I’ve gotten from Forever 21, Brandy Melville, and H&M. Of course, out of the ones that I have majority of them are striped, because you can never have too many stripes haha!
By far the most affordable ones are from H&M. They have a wide selection of colors and at only ten dollars, you can’t go wrong. You can dress them up with heels or wedges and a nice purse, like I did here. Orrrrr you can dress them down with converse, which is another favorite look of mine. There’s just a lot of versatility with this item of clothing and it’s a great piece to have in your wardrobe. Great to pull on for those days you don’t feel like wearing anything.
Overalls – Hollister & Co. | Striped Tank – Hollister & Co. | Booties – Forever 21
I can finally re-live my childhood with these overalls. Don’t you just love how fashion is just a huge circle? There are just certain trends I love and wish would never go out of style and I’m glad these are back. One pieces are awesome! Well except for the peeing situation lol. But these are totally worth it.
There’s no surprise that I got them from one of my favorite stores: Hollister! They were actually on sale for 20 dollars! yes! 20 dollars. I swear people are sleeping on Hollister. You can get some really good deals there.
My mom actually has the same ones because she loved it so much. I think she really just wanted to be #twinning with me.
With one pieces, you don’t have to do much, so I didn’t. I paired it with my high neck striped shirt because when it doubt stripe it out! This striped shirt is actually a part of Hollister’s must haves. Hollister and Abercrombie started this thing where they have a whole bunch of essentials for reasonable prices and it was pure genius. I prefer Abercrombie’s essentials, but Hollister got me with this must have swing tank. High neck tops are very trendy right now and I definitely jumped on the bandwagon. To top it all off, I paired my booties from Forever 21. Surprisingly they are still going strong! I’ve had them for about two years now, which is really good for Forever 21.